The Traffic Light Radio Station Software
The Traffic Light – a complete traffic, billing, and accounts receivable package is available for the IBM compatible computer system – in use since 1988. Although written and designed for the small market radio station the system offers the following features:
- Handles 3000 customers and 750 start orders.
- Prepares daily logs in minutes.
- Handles both Broadcast and Calendar billing.
- A customer number finder in each sub-program – when and where you need it.
- A complete customer accounts receivable is displayed when posting payments to his account.
- Option of printed or plain paper forms during billing. An aging analysis is shown on each statement. A detailed (or short version) aging analysis printout is available. Or the information can be displayed on the screen.
- Also analysis for any given salesman.
- Handles customer pre-payments, discounts (agency commissions) and paid-on-account payments.
- Provides for product separation for 180 different product codes when generating daily logs. Also provides for Carousel/Go-cart separation for automation use.
- Start orders provide for 14 day parts with skipping weeks and delayed starting options.
- Spot Rotation for up to nine different spots.
- Start order basic information is entered once in the customer’s file and is automatically entered into the start order but can be modified on the start order if desired.
- Start order confirmation print-out.
- A sales projection can be made anytime for Broadcast or Calendar customers or a combo. Also projection for one salesman of your choice.
- A file for all paid on account amounts. Can display/print for each salesman or a given period.
- Demand billing can be made at any time. Affidavits gives dates, times and rates.
- Options for various billing formats.
- Option to automatically add a specified service charge.
- Spot Ran When Program displays times any spot has already ran during month or range of days.
- Five year accounting code history for 9 different accounting codes.
- Automatic start order rotation on logs – no two consecutive days are the same.
- Easy format changes. Can copy one hour to another. The spot load can be different for each hour. Design the format exactly the way you want it.
- Custom formats can be created for special broadcast events.
- Log discrepancy program to make sure all scheduled spots are on the log. Points out left-off spots.
- Many input traps to prevent entering wrong data.
- Simplified back-up procedure run from the Backup menu. Utility Menu for misc programs.
- All major programs available from one menu. No need to look for programs in 2 or 3 levels. All menu selections require one key to start. No need to hit to start.
- All programs have exit keys in case the wrong program was reached.
- Help screen available in some programs.
- A spiral-bound short concise users manual printed on a laser printer. Easy step-by-step installation and set-up procedure. A step-by-step printout is available for end of month routine.
- Optional password protection and 9 city shortcuts saves retyping cities in customer records.
- No extra charge for 2nd station at same location. NO YEARLY MAINTENANCE FEES.
- Digital Commercial Interfaces included for Arrakis DigiLink, Management DJ2, and SmartCaster systems. Others can be written with supplied file format.
Hardware Requirements and Pricing
The price of The Traffic Light logging and billing system is $795.00 plus Ga. sales tax, if applicable. Each program is customized with station’s name, address and call sign. A 3.0 (or higher) DOS system is required. Less than 3 mbyte hard disk space is required and even an old XT or 286 IBM compatible will provide good results. A $150 dot matrix printer is adequate or one of the new small personal laser printers will work fine. Laser Printer codes are included for the HP class of printers and others can be installed.
Free Demo Program
A limited use version of the program is available that includes sample data. This will let you generate shortened logs and print out many of the reports. This demo will work on any IBM compatible computer with 640K memory. A hard drive should be available to install the demo which will take less than 2 MB of hard disk space. Both 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 inch formats are available. A printer should be available that will print condensed print (17 c.p.i.)
The Ultimate Money-back Guarantee
Want to try it before you buy? No problem. A full working copy designed to work only 3 months will be provided complete with manual. Use The Traffic Light system on your computer or a borrowed one for two full months and if during the 3rd month you decide to purchase the system then mail the $795 purchase price for your purchase update files. If you will try it we know you will agree that the HDS system can't be beat for value. The HDS Traffic Light is always on green - ready to go.
Email your comments or questions to Jim Hardy or call ...
Hardy Data Systems -- P.O. Box 7304 -- Tifton, GA 31793 -- (229) 387-7373
Return to Jim Hardy's Home Page