FAMILY AND CHILDREN SERVICES
"Government should be a resource to families, not a substitute"
BJ Walker, DHR Commissioner
purpose of this Web Page is to provide links to each of the 18
HUMAN RESOURCES (DHR)
1. Do not accept welfare and total dependence on government for any family.
2. Expect adults to work.
3. Be a resource and support, not a substitute, for families.
4. Expect every consumer to invest/participate in their own recovery.
5. Serve people as close to home, family and community as possible.
6. Give customers as much control over getting the information they need as technologically possible.
7. Use data and information to help make decisions.
8. Do not accept “business as usual” – it’s not good enough.
9. Spend government money like it’s our own.
10. Treat customers as if they were our own family.
11. Make it faster, friendlier, easier for people to deal with us.
12. Reward our workforce for performance.
13. Deliver services as if we were not the only one who could do that work.
Increase the number of DHR families achieving self-sufficiency through work or work related activity.
Increase the supply and use of home and community-based human services.
Increase customer and staff access to information that improves productivity.
Improve DHR employee engagement with customers.
the number of
Thank you for visiting with us and please return often!
For questions, comments, or suggestions,
send an email to the address below: